Hey-o everyone! I feel like I was a bit of a slacker on the posts last week, still getting back into the groove I guess! I have some pretty things to show you this week though so never fear :D I’d hoped to get an Earth Day post up today but I was pretty busy all weekend. Let’s recap what I got up to:
1) Worked at Clinique Friday night (FYI Sears is on GWP right now until May 8th! Check out the Clinique bonus they’ve got going on this time around) – it was the first day of gift and it was BUSY! I work best under pressure though, and had some great customers, so it was good night (PS: Happened to walk by Sephora to check out the new nail bar they have going on, and they are carrying Illamasqua polish!! SA-WEET!!! I’m gonna be ALL over that :)).
2) Slept with four animals (two dogs and two cats) while pet-sitting for my bf’s sister & her hubby! Waking up to puppies cuddled up beside you is really lovely
3) Had an impromptu kareoke sing-a-long, to classic songs like ‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ ‘Baby Got Back,’ and ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine‘ LOL!! I LOVE kareoke. Back in university, my friends and I would go almost every week to a local sports pub which had the best kareoke nights in town (in our opinion). Good times!
4) Went to my cousin’s baby shower, where I proceeded to paint my other cousin’s kids finger and toenails, and put on a little makeup – they’re already super into makeup and they’re not even close to 10 yet! Totally girls after my own heart
5) Was introduced to the world of Jenna Marbles, pretty much the most hilarious person I’ve watched in a while. I particularly enjoyed the video below, and I would be remiss if I didn’t share it with all you other beauty mavens out there!! Somehow I think you’ll get a great kick out of it
SOO funny, right!?!
And that was my weekend! Pretty good all around :) I’m definitely wiped now though! It’s going to be bedtime for me very shortly. Before I go though, I’m still going to leave you with 3 green beauty tips to try in honor of Earth Day:
- Use multi-tasking products. As much as I like to shop, it really makes more sense to spend less money on items that I don’t really care about – like shave gel, brow powder, and foot lotion. I lather body wash to shave my legs, a brown eye shadow as a brow powder, and regular body lotion mixed with olive oil for a foot moisturizer. I’d much rather spend my money on say, another blush!
- If you want to start going green in your beauty routine, the best way to begin is by finding a great body moisturizer that contains few ingredients or is free of ‘baddies’ like parabens – or even better, use a body oil like jojoba oil as a hydrator. Your skin is the largest area on your body and so it makes sense to go green there first!
- If you’re like me and get impatient and eager to buy a new skincare item as soon as I want it, instead of buying without trying – only to find that you’ve had an allergic reaction – go ahead and buy the product but also score yourself a sample, so that you can try that first before opening the container and potentially wasting the product. That way, if you have a reaction, you can take it back without having opened it (which would mean it would just go into the garbage); and if you don’t have any issues, you can dive right in to your new item without having to wait!
Do you have any green beauty tips to share? How did you spend your weekend? I hope you all had a great one, do tell!!