Even though in the past month I managed to score an ABUNDANCE of products, I am, afterall, a beauty-focused gal, and thus I am never entirely satisfied. Here I bring you a mere sampling of other products I have a serious hankering for:
1. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer $30CAD – my ears always perk up when I hear about a new concealer, particularly when they are supposed to be fabulous for dark circles. I have four concealers in rotation right now, all about half-gone, so I am dedicated myself to finishing two before I allow myself to pick up one of these (I’m thinking in either shades Biscuit or Caramel) – the push is ON!
2. MAC #217 / Hakuhodo G5523BkSL Brushes $27.50CAD and $26US, respectively - Even though I’ve been drooling over the Hakuhodo brushes for ages now, I realized the other day that it’s might be silly and non-economical of me to order brushes online when I could get similarly priced options here at home. I think what makes the most sense is to try the MAC version first while funds are tight – then when I can splurge a bit more, order a few Hakuhodo ones – and I’ll likely appreciate them more because I’ll have something to compare them to. Right!?
3. Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Raven $35CAD - After noticing that I did not own an orange-red lipstick, I went browsing through Sephora at all the possible contenders. Of course, once I saw that Hourglass had a stunning, creamy orange-red, it was the clear winner! Also loving the option of the refill cartridge, which also means I could technically fill it with another shade if I actually finished Raven. Note: while looking up swatches online, I came across this post on Makeup 4 All – seems they used a mix of Raven and Icon at the La Perla Fall 2013 shows! And they used the Exhibition Duo as well. I’m already ahead of the curve
4. YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils in 5 Burgundy $36CAD – First I saw this tutorial on Lisa Eldridge and got it in my head that a fabulous bright plum mascara is something I NEED to own. Then while I was browsing around Sephora last week, I noticed this mascara by YSL, and after dabbing it on my hand, I was totally convinced. I’m hoping it shows up on my darker lashes.
5. Marcelle Essentials Clay Mask $14.50CAD – I was looking up masques on Makeup Alley and this one came up, although the picture is different (though ingredients listed are the same). It got super-high marks so I’m going to check it out, as my Queen Helene clay masque is finally finished (and should be turfed anyway – it’ s 5 years old!).
I originally had Alterna’s Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil on the list as well, but I ran out of my current hair oil sample so I picked this up this week (at which time I also got the very last sample of the NUDE skincare oil!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!). Of course I have a huge huge huge ongoing wishlist, but these are just a few of the items at the top of my list this month (or, err…week).
What are you lemming lately!?