I feel like I’ve been waiting on Sephora’s semi-annual VIB sale for months…it’s been a good way to keep my spending in check, because I keep telling myself to hold out until the sale, but DAMN – can it get here already!? I’ve got a little cash socked away in a drawer (literally…well, maybe not in a sock, but definitely tucked away in a drawer!) and I’ve written and re-written my shopping list for the event. I’ve been hovering at about 4 items for awhile, but I’m getting antsy and the list is slowly creeping up to 6-7 this week, as I’m thinking I should just stock up on all the items I know I’m going to buy there in the next couple months…urk! We’ll see how it all pans out. In any case, the items below I am definitely (I think…maybe…probably) picking up whenever the heck the sale starts:
1. Comptoir Sud Pacifique’s Vanille Coco mini atomizer $24CAD – The last time I was by the store I spritzed a bit of this on, and god knows I’m a sucker for vanilla and coconut-type scents! I’m trying to break into the more ‘adult’ fragrances (especially since I’ve been reading Denyse Beaulieu’s The Perfume Lover and becoming terribly entranced by the whole history of fragrance), but this will be my guilty pleasure in the meantime. At $24 for a small spray, I don’t feel too bad!
2. NARS Light-Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder $39CAD – For ages I thought I was going to go for one of the new Hourglass Ambient powders, but I realized I need a real setting powder that will control shine more than I need extra radiance. The last powder I bought was in 2010 (I KNOW…IT’S CRAZY), and it was also NARS – the loose powder, which is why I am going for the pressed because JEEZ GUYS I just want something new already! Loose powder is terribly economical but oh so friggin’ boring for someone who likes change!
3. BITE Beauty High Pigment Matte Lip Pencil in Quince $28CAD – I mentioned that this was a contender for my upcoming fuchsia lip purchase, and I’m fairly certain this is what I’m going with. It is a beautifully saturated color and exactly the shade I have been looking for. The only way I might get swayed from buying it is if one of the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine’s catch my eye…which could happen. We shall see!
4. Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil $55CAD – I just added this to my list tonight while browsing through the online site for facial oils. The Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil I have is still going strong (a whopping four+ months later! Color me impressed), but I know my fickle self will want to try something new when the time comes. This is the same price, has wonderful ingredients with nothing to aggravate my skin, and it’s something new so hey – it fits the bill quite nicely.
5. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-hr Primer SPF30 $41CAD – I’m on the fence about this one; it’s been getting great reviews and I took a sample home a few weeks ago to try, but it’s really too dark for my skintone to wear it right now so I don’t have an idea of how it works for me yet. I think I’m going to grab a sample of the next lightest shade and play around with them a bit to see how it fares.
So that’s what I’ve got on the brain and the items that *should* come home with me sometime this month. However, I am tempted to also grab the burgundy YSL mascara and the Hourglass lippie I noted last month and still haven’t picked up….yikes. I’m going to try my best to keep it together and keep it under control. Wish me luck!
Do you have a wish list ready for the VIB sale?