Raise Your Hand If You Love a Pretty, Glowy Blush {That Would Be: LORAC’s Pro Powder Cheek Stain in Coral Crush}

Words.  I don’t got ‘em.  I spent the day trying to come up with questions for the trivia challenge I’m spearheading at the office next week for our National Public Service Week (yeah…I KNOW), and my brain is a bit mushy today.  Also, I really need to start writing posts earlier – a nightowl I’m not, and I do my best thinking before 8pm.  Bugger.

LORAC Pro Powder Cheek Stain in Coral Crush

Anyway – I’ve been meaning to show you the blush I snagged back in March, and now finally it’s time!  LORAC’s Pro Powder Cheek Stains ($26CAD) are long-wearing, paraben & fragrance-free blush that are infused with skin-loving ingredients and impart a beautiful glow to the skin.  I first saw these on Tracy’s blog, and of course having a blush addition like everyone else, decided I MUST own one.  I had a friend pick the shade Coral Crush up for me when she was in the States – the color is a pretty coral pink with golden shimmer; a fairly standard shade across a lot of brands, but quite lovely nonetheless (I didn’t do comparison swatches but the shade is similar to theBalm’s Hot Mama (which is less pigmented) and probably shades like NARS Orgasm, which I don’t own for comparison).

LORAC Pro Powder Cheek Stain in Coral Crush  (2) LORAC Pro Powder Cheek Stain in Coral Crush  (5) LORAC Pro Powder Cheek Stain in Coral Crush  (4)

The pigmentation on these is supposed to be pretty intense, and I suspect a lighter touch would be prudent for fairer skin than mine.  On me, I can apply it fairly easily (though not with abandon) and it does show up beautifully on my skin.  The radiant, healthy glow is nothing short of fantastic, especially in sunlight.  As you’ll see below, it really is more of a luminescence versus glitter/shimmer – so you can feel comfortable wearing it in sunlight and not feeling terribly obvious.  I find the length of wear very good, though not necessarily oodles better than many of the other blush I own – I get through a work day without requiring a touch up, which is fairly standard for me as a whole.

LORAC Pro Cheek Stain Coral Crush swatch (2) LORAC Pro Cheek Stain Coral Crush swatch (3) LORAC Pro Cheek Stain in Coral Crush (4)

Strangely enough, though I love this shade in theory and in photos, I don’t wear it that often.  However, looking at these swatches, I’m reminded of how pretty it is and how I need to start wearing it more!  I used it for a couple weeks straight when I first got my hands on it, but stopped after a bit – and now my heart belongs to another (NARS BDC…I really need to stop talking about this blush and post on it already, no?).  Though its nothing terribly unique, the reason this kind of shade keeps being reincarnated is because it’s so darn pretty!  Certainly one that everyone should have on hand – it’s really versatile.

LORAC Pro Powder Cheek Stain in Coral Crush  (3)

Do you own a shade like this?  How much love does it get from you?

About these ads

, , , , ,

1. #1 by healthbeautyaddict on June 6, 2013 - 9:20 pm

Very nice! I like it. Looks a little similar to Nars orgasm or deep throat blush but not as shimmery. Looks beautiful on you! A nice natural rosy flush.

• #2 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 7:32 pm

Thank you! I agree, the shimmer is toned down, but the glow is ramped up :D

2. #3 by Linda on June 6, 2013 - 9:58 pm

You really should wear this more often.It looks beautiful on you.

• #4 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 6:46 am

Thanks Linda! I know, it needs to get more love. I’m on it! :)

Sent from my iPhone

3. #5 by beautybyericakate on June 7, 2013 - 12:57 am

I need to try that! Thats such a beautiful pinkish gold.

Beautybyericakate.wordpress.com

• #6 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 7:31 pm

I know, I forgot how lovely it was! These photos remind me well :)

4. #7 by amanda p on June 7, 2013 - 2:53 am

So pretty!

• #8 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 6:47 am

Isn’t it, Amanda!? :)

Sent from my iPhone

5. #9 by Becca @ The Beauty Sample on June 7, 2013 - 5:19 am

I have a few shades like this and honestly don’t really wear them. One would think I’d be aaaall over them because I love really warm coraly-pink blushes but somehow, these types of super shimmery ones just aren’t as appealing once they’re actually worn. They’re sooo pretty in the pan though…:P haha

• #10 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 6:48 am

I know what you mean Becca – I opt for matte usually and then add a glow if desired – or I REALLY love a satin finish to get the best of both worlds. Though, this one looks shimmery but it’s really quite nice on, not too OTT :)

Sent from my iPhone

6. #11 by Sarah on June 7, 2013 - 10:13 am

That’s a beautiful shade and it looks stunning on you. I especially love the gold shimmer. I have a similar shade in a cream format and I wear it pretty frequently.

Also, yes, review of BDC please! I cashed in more Optimum points yesterday (I swear, I don’t shop at Shoppers that much) and I was so tempted by it but ultimately I think I’d rather admire it from afar.

• #12 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 3:48 pm

Ohh you will change your mind my dear, it is my number one fave right now. I think the delay is that it’s SO good and I won’t do it justice – get your hands on it!! Give in to the beauty :D

Sent from my iPhone

• #13 by Sarah on June 7, 2013 - 4:19 pm

Oh also LOL @ NPSW. I’m helping to organize a Human Library here at work.

• #14 by Latoya on June 14, 2013 - 11:31 am

???? What in the world is that?? Sounds awesome/kinda creepy.

Sent from my iPhone

7. #15 by Eugenia on June 7, 2013 - 1:36 pm

You SHOULD wear it more often, Toya — it looks fabulous on you! As to comparison with the NARS, I can tell you that this seems less shimmery and a touch more pigmented too, a good thing in my book. These types of shades are my absolute faves and while I try to convince myself I can wear pink blushes, I always come back to this colour….so pretty!

• #16 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 3:47 pm

It just looks so darn good on everyone, it’s foolproof! Maybe I like a challenge or something – goodness knows I seem to like to make things difficult on myself at times haha. And thank you for the comparison between this and Orgasm, Eugenia! :)

Sent from my iPhone

8. #17 by Tracy@Beauty Reflections on June 7, 2013 - 1:51 pm

It’s GORGEOUS on you! WEAR IT WOMAN. hahaha

• #18 by Latoya on June 7, 2013 - 3:45 pm

I KNOW, what’s wrong with me?? Must rectify this ridiculous behavior, stat :) Give me a slap when I do this, will ya Tracy?! LOL

Sent from my iPhone

9. #19 by Denise on June 13, 2013 - 12:39 am

Love this kind of shade for summer! It makes skin look glowy and perfect. :) Looks absolutely stunning on you, for real. This one seems to be more similar to MAC Peachykeen or Tarte Glisten than NARS Orgasm (which seems lighter, less pink, and less pigmented), which is actually a pro in my books! For some reason, I never give that much thought to LORAC, but everything I’ve seen from them so far (at least on the Internet) looks gorgeous. I may need to get on this. Where do they sell LORAC now in Canada? I don’t see it at Sephora anymore…

• #20 by Latoya on June 18, 2013 - 6:46 am

Yea I don’t know what happened there! I am never enticed by LORAC either, but after that post of Tracy’s, I just had to try one of these.

It seems like this is a better version of Orgasm from the comments, so – YAY! :)

Sent from my iPhone

10. #21 by Liz (@Reductionista) on June 17, 2013 - 7:18 pm

I remember Tracy nearly got me with that LORAC blush post too! I even went so far as to put it in the online shopping cart but stopped at the last minute. You’ll return to this in good time, when our makeup mood swings take another turn as it inevitably well. Go go blush fiend!

...And what do you have to say about all this?? Dish! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,552 other followers