Ah, autumn. The season that always releases my favorite makeup collections :) This year, I’m determined to give myself permission to pick up a few choice pieces to give my daily routine a little boost! Check out the wish list to see what has me drooling:
1. Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in 384 Bonne Etoile $62CAD- the most gorgeous-looking palette I’ve seen in ages. However, not all is as it seems…see note below.
2. MAC Pressed Pigment in Damson $25CAD – I actually couldn’t wait to buy this gorgeous plummy-brown sparker and it came home with me before I could even get this post out. As a non-glitter-loving person, I have essentially ignored the Pressed Pigments entirely over the past few releases, but decided earlier this summer to give the formula a shot the next time I had a chance. Damson has been the perfect introduction to add a little sparkle to my life! Review to come.
3. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense in #30 Rose Popillia $42CAD – I haven’t bought any Armani makeup in a while now, mainly due to the ridiculous price hike we have here in Canada. However, the ETK shadows always manage to lure me in, and Rose Popillia is a beautiful muted rose-taupe shade with a hint of duochrome. From the swatches I’ve seen, it needs to be in my life and I’ll probably shell out the big bucks for it, even though it’ll pain me a bit!
4. Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadow in Millenium $31CAD – In the promo photos this looks a bit more khaki than I was interested in. But since seeing swatches around and testing it out in store (though – they don’t have the product to sell, just the testers…what’s the deal, Dior!?!? That happened in TWO stores I visited), I’ve come to realize this is GORGEOUS and is more like a darkened pewter shade. The sparkliness of these shadows is super pretty and again, I feel like I need a bit more shimmer in my life than usual. BRING IT.
5. Zoya Louise $9CAD – I’ve been kind of itching for a dark chocolate creme polish for a while now, and I think this one is it. It’s dark enough to look contrast nicely with my skintone (re: not mannequin hands) and Zoya is generally a winning formula in my books. So yummy.
6. YSL City Drive Palette in Classy $74CAD - I normally have little interest in the YSL brand as a whole except for their lip products, but I do strive to be well-rounded in all areas of my life, and when I saw swatches of this palette crop up here and there, I was pleasantly surprized to find that I quite liked how it all came together. I haven’t seen this in person yet so a bit more investigation is needed, but if I’m feeling crazy this just might happen
7. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow Pencil in Bittersweet $33CAD - I’ve been interested in trying one of these newish pencils out but hadn’t taken the plunge. I desperately need a nice dark brown eyeshadow, as I have plenty of medium shades but nothing deep dark. I’m hoping this might do the trick and kill two birds with one stone!
8. Chanel Le Blush Creme in Affinite $43CAD – I’m not going to buy both this AND Fantastic, but I’m torn between the two. I don’t own too many cream blushes but I would like to change that, and what better place to start than Chanel? A cool pink (which now I know is my JAM) would be perfect for fall/winter…though I must admit, I saw swatches/photos of Destiny on Karen at MBB and the shade looked so gorgeous and natural!
9. Chanel Le Blush Creme in Fantastic $42 CAD - see above.
10. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red $30CAD – Another product I’ve been dying to try but just haven’t make the purchase yet. You can’t really go wrong with a lush, bold red that looks like the perfect tone for fall. This will be a definite pick-up when it arrives in stores (strangely, they have most of the collection but not this shade, yet).
Ok, so here’s the story with the Dior palette. Last week I drew up this wish list and all was good. But over the weekend, I had an opportunity to check out the Dior fall collection, and was sadly disappointed – that gorgeous Bonne Etoile quint? On my skintone, it looked totally muddy :’( I really thought that it was going to be THE piece that I grabbed out of all the new fall offerings, so I was really bummed out. On a positive note, I have similar shades to several colors in the palette, so it’s probably for the best (though it doesn’t necessarily make me feel tons better!). Additionally, I was also considering getting the lipgloss in Ensorcelante, but when I swatched it I was again, disappointed – I felt more ‘meh’ than anything!! Sadness…I even have enough optimum points to get a wee bit of free stuff so I was really banking on this being a nice low-cost treat for the season.
Ah well, can’t win ‘em all. And anyway, the rest of these items? Still TOTALLY crushing on. The MAC shadow is 100% love, and I’m certain my new glittering love affair will extend to the Dior mono shadow as well. Truth be told, I think I’m genuinely going to buy every single item on this wish list (with the exception of perhaps the YSL quad…I’ll have to really love it in person to justify that cost) – I think I’m due for a good splurge. I’m feeling a lot less financial pressure right now and while I’m still trying to keep my collection more modest of late and not add to it excessively, I’m less bothered by adding new products that have different textures than I usually opt for – feels like I’m not adding to the repetition but branching out a bit. And like I said, fall is my favorite season!! So I think I’m due to celebrate, just a little bit
What’s on your wish list for the upcoming season!?